Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dear Me!

Birthday always reminds me a lot of happy moments

School - Just before the bday will do a lot of shopping, less for me and more for my sis(her bday is on 9th Apr). Then cakes, choclates .... In school, we should stand in front of the class/assembly and everyone will sing the bday song. If I remember correctly our school had 5 people, who celebrated bday on this day. Then evening calling some friends to home and then PARTY(first at home and then will go out)!!!!

College - Its a differnt story altogether. We have BUMS tradition and my wing(only my wing) adds SPANKS(even more terrible) to that. After that its hard to sit for sometime and sometimes hard to stand straight. Evening will be party time with lots of food and drinks.

Work(India) - This is where the party extends for more than a day. A party with close friends in office, then with roomies and then with other friends. Office friends - 6 of us, for each bday party, we used to choose one place in Bangalore. Roomies - either in house or pub or dhaba.

Work (US) - No friends close by and last year I told my roomie in my company accomodation(came here recently at that time), that its my bday and took him to dinner. One of my close friend's fly stays in Mas, and went there in the weekend and took them to dinner and then to a TAMIL movie. Ofcourse the good thing is, its Rajani Kanth movie. (Tamil in caps coz I am not from Tamilnadu and no roots absolutely in that place.) Whatever Tamil I can understand is coz of this guy and others in my office. I spent good 4 years in Chennai(undergrad), but I picked up very little tamil.

I think this year the party will start with the Blogger's meet.

14 comments:

i_will_make_it said...

Happy Birthday!

SG said...

Happy B'day Vikram!

Schumi win? Dude...You can dream, cant you? :-)

qzoink said...

Hey Vikram, happy birthday! See you friday - come prepared for bums and spanks ;)

Marina said...

Happy Birthday! We are going to sing it on Friday

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have fun on Friday!!!

brownoski said...

Happy Bday, i think it's cool you were born on 4-11, almost like I should call you to find all the answers

MBA Cutie said...

Happy belated birthday!!! and WooHOO!!! Go Chennai!

BigAppleNosh said...

Oops! Saw this late. =o(

Happy (Belated) Birthday! =o)

FooBarMe said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you had fun :)

MBA Cutie said...

No, but I'm Tamil

qzoink said...

hey Vikram! Is it ok if post the pics on my blog?

qzoink said...

I was the last to leave, along with Marina and MBAformein08. If you had shouted "Qzoink" at the top of your voice, I would've surfaced. My email: qzoink@gmail.com

SeePearrl said...

Happy Birthday ..


- Belated ofcourse :)

Anu said...

Happy Birthday Vikram! (sorry for the belated wishes).

Have a great time ahead